Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sardines, Sardines & more Sardines!!!

This is my quick and easy go to meal when I am either do not have time or when I am not in the mood to cook. This dish is my brother's, husband and uncle's favorite, probably because it takes less than 15 minutes to make and it taste great.


thedailygreen.com

I am well aware that Sardines are not for everyone, but if you are into semi-cooking then this one is for you.

best served with white rice

Recipe
1 small frying pan
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
1 teaspoon of butter
1/2 onion (sliced)
1 habanero pepper
3 tablespoons of oil
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/4 lime juice
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of Adobe seasoning
1/2 cup of water
15oz can of Sardines
1 garlic clove

Let's get started...

Medium temperature heat oil in frying pan  and fry tomato paste for 2 minutes, then toss in crush garlic clove. Once garlic clove has cooked for 2 minutes add water then sardines. Add salt, pepper (slice open if you are not afraid of the heat), lime juice, salt, thyme, seasoning and butter. After 4 minutes add sliced onions and let cook until clear. Discard habaneros pepper and enjoy.


VOILA, DELICIOUS SARDINES!

Sardines are best paired with rice, potatoes, boiled plantain or any boiled root.

7 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you post this comment because I love tuna. I will post a few tuna recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Vlouis... Thanks for the comment about bookmarking this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! my mom makes sardines all the time,and I make it the same way but I chopped some green onions and drop it in there too...eat it with some good (du riz a pois) rice and beans,or some plaintain,sweet potatoes,etc...I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many servings is this? It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you do this with canned salmon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always fancied taking sardines, bread and a bottle of milk for breakfast every morning. I guess anyone would say i am addicted to sardines. Reading this article, i had a new perspective. Thanks, Amigo!
    I would be Glad if you read https://www.tecteem.com/zedge/

    ReplyDelete